Lion/Macbook Pro overheating & slow, ran disk repair

Reaction score
I upgraded to Lion the week it came out. It works fine on my desktop, but my laptop has been very temperamental. I ran disk repair & repaired permissions by going to disk utility when the computer booted. It said it repaired multiple errors. This works for a while, but my laptop has still been very slow. I keep getting the spinning wheel. In addition, my laptop has been overheating & shutting down without warning.

I'm waiting on RAM to arrive & will upgrade it to 8gb, although I don't think this is the root of the problem.

15" Macbook Pro, Mid-2010; 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (about to upgrade); Intel HD Graphics 288 MB; Lion 10.7.2;

What else should I do???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
blurped
Reaction score
bump. this still hasn't been resolved. at this point my laptop is no longer recognizing some connected devices. iPhoto won't open either.

Can someone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing to try is a clean install of Lion. That means erasing the drive and doing a clean install not an upgrade. Be sure to backup up everything first using Time Machine. If you run into the same problems, it may be time to make an appointment with your local Apple store genius. Is your machine still covered by the Apple one year warranty or Apple care?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.