Security - Lion

Reaction score
Well got my mini Mac and i love it :D

One thing i do want and cant seem to find a tutorial for as im new to the Mac osx

is private folders? i like a folder with a password and untill its been put in no read/write permissions...

cant find an app to do it so im quite stumped?

any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
The question is always .... private for whom ....

Mostly this is the answer as well ..... just create separate user accounts and privacy is guaranteed.

Unless I am missing something.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
M
Reaction score
mainly just incase i leave myself logged on and have an intruder at my pc.. just a folder with a password lol.. making another username seems like a bit of fares with logging on off each time i want access to it... :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It would be just as easy to either log off, or lock your workstation.

OP
M
Reaction score
i know but incase i forget.. is there no way to do this? id be a bit disappointed if not... surely the ability to password protect a folder is a fairly simple thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Activate a screen saver after x minutes and set security to require a password to unlock screen saver can also help in case you ' forget ' to lock your account before you leave you Mac.

Screen Shot 2011-11-20 at 19.34.24.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.