Please help, how do I eject external hard drive Imac 27??

Reaction score
I am brand new to macs, I purchased an Imac 27 a few days ago and I plugged in my Western Digital external hard drive to the usb port on the back of my Imac to transfer files.

There is no Icon for my external hard drive for ejecting properly? I went to finder, there is no hard drive showing up, but my hard drive is properly plugged in and the light is blinking. Where do I go to to find this external hard drive so I can properly eject it? Thanks so much! I am so frustrated!!!

David

Reaction score
If you're in Lion, make sure you have opted to display external drive icons.

Go to Finder/Preferences and opt-in for "external disks". Then you're external drive icon should show up in desktop and you can eject it safely.

OP
D
Reaction score
If you're in Lion, make sure you have opted to display external drive icons.

Go to Finder/Preferences and opt-in for "external disks". Then you're external drive icon should show up in desktop and you can eject it safely.

I went to finder and selected system preferences and could not find anything........ I do have lion also. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And from there like Windows, drag to Trash prior to disconnection saves corrupting files etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.