Bootcamp problems...Keyboard not recognized in Win install

Reaction score
I started my Win install only to have the system stuck with not recognizing the keyboard.
Can't find a way to restart back as a MAC, and nothing I try recognizes the keyboard so I can start the WIn install.....arggggg
Can't get back to MAC boot
Any ideas (please?)

Mac Pro Snow Leopard, 10.6.8

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As you found out you need a wired keyboard to install Windows 7. Do you have a USB PC keyboard laying around? If you do, attach it to the Mac and try again. You can always force power down and reboot that way. Just make sure you hold down the OPTION key so you can choose your MacIntosh HD to start.

OP
L
Reaction score
Tried that

THe problem IS with a wired USB keyboard......simply not seen when WIN 7 tries to start install....I get an option screen to choose 1 or 2, but no keyboard responce...so the install can not go forward.....its making me crazy and the system boots into this nomatter what I try

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Let's try this with the wired keyboard. Reset the PRAM:

Shut down the computer.

Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously

Turn on the computer.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

Release the keys.

After doing the above, see if you can get back into OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.