Any way to view Nikon D3100 screen live on my Mac?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a Nikon D3100 and MB Air 13" the newest one. I do video blogs for youtube and I want to switch to using my D3100 as the quality of the video is much better. Only problem is I can't see what I'm filming! Are there any apps or ways that anyone knows of that I can connect the camera with USB and then see on my computer monitor what the camera sees so I can use it as a sort of monitor? As I write this I just thought of a ghetto way would be to use my iPhone with Facetime aiming at the screen but wondering if there's an easier way!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hey everyone. I have a Nikon D3100 and MB Air 13" the newest one. I do video blogs for youtube and I want to switch to using my D3100 as the quality of the video is much better. Only problem is I can't see what I'm filming! Are there any apps or ways that anyone knows of that I can connect the camera with USB and then see on my computer monitor what the camera sees so I can use it as a sort of monitor? As I write this I just thought of a ghetto way would be to use my iPhone with Facetime aiming at the screen but wondering if there's an easier way!

You might give this a look.
DSLR Camera Remote - onOne Software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.