best online check book software for Bank of America

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post & I'm still getting used to the Mac-Forum windows. Couldn't find my way back to the view that shows different types of posts.

Ever since I moved from Quicken on a pc to Quicken Essentials for the Mac I have been unable to download transactions on the most important of my 3 accounts at Bank of America. Quicken blames the Bank & the Bank blames Quicken. I suspect my file was corrupted during conversion. I want to start over w/ checkbook software that works best w/ both Bank of America and MacBook Pro. I will not manage my investments, business data or real estate on this program. Just need an app to track my spending & help me budget. Any suggestions for either how I've posted this question or recommended software?

And what's a trackback?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Check out Mint. https://www.mint.com/ I use it and have Bank of America. Sounds like it would fit your needs too because it lets you track transactions, spending, and set budgets. Plus it's free and they have an iPhone and iPad app as well.

C

chas_m

I can't believe ANYONE is still using BoA after what they did.

Two words: credit unions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
If the Credit Unions in my area were any better I would seriously consider it. Not to mention how far behind they are in technology (No mobile apps, horrible online user interface, generally stuck in the stone ages) From what I know most are restricted to use in certain regions so I don't have much choice but if there is one that is not or a better option I'd definitely be open to switching.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very few credit unions can compete technology wise with banks. There are exceptionally good credit unions though. The Pentagon Federal Credit Union and USAA come to mind. Both are outstanding.

C

chas_m

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a discussion of BoA, that's not answering the OP's question. I will mention to Lbatson however that the myth that credit unions are limited to certain regions isn't true. Almost all but the tiniest CUs are part of a national network (check the back of your ATM card) and thus for all practical purposes any CU is a "branch" of your own CU, at least as far as the ATM machine is concerned. I've used my (Canadian) CU ATM card at US ATMs with no problem.

I do agree that some CUs aren't up-to-speed (ie their own apps or an attractive web interface) but you might also check with mint.com to see if your CU is supported. They use the term "banks" to mean "any financial institution."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.