Macbook Installation problem

Reaction score
Hey my Macbook i got from a friend he said it was broken but i was able to unjam the CD drive and now the disk that was jammed was important to the Max OSX installation i tried to force quit the installation but i could not so i need some help from anyone Any feedback or help is Needed Thank you

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So, the installation is stalled?

If that's true, just press and hold the power button until the machine is turns off.

Turn it back on, press and hold the trackpad button until the disc pops out. Inspect the disc for damage or scratches. Clean if necessary and retry the installation. If it continues to fail, you may need to replace the SuperDrive (or buy an external, USB drive) or replace the discs.

Good luck!

OP
A
Reaction score
I've done all that i just want to force quit an application but I can't cause the ping noise sounds so how do i force quit it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Confused here. You have removed the install disc, but you can't switch the Mac off? Or you can't get the installation screen to quit?

OP
A
Reaction score
no I'm trying to tell you it is just sitting there and says insert install disk 2 to continue but i do not want to I just want to quit the installation but each time I do it beeps i have turned it on and off and tried everything and it just sits there saying insert disk 2 to continue with i don't have

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX is this? It sounds like Tiger that came with the Macbook. There was a 2nd CD and that needs to be inserted. I don't think there is a way around it. When you boot it will keep asking for the 2nd CD/DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.