should i buy a MBP now or wait until 2012

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to these forums....I've finally decided to switch over to Mac OS from PC and am looking into buying a mac computer. After some research, I am under the impression that the MBP will likely undergo a redesign in 2012. So, I'm not sure if I should buy a mac now or wait until the new ones come out. At the same time, I want to switch over to a mac now as opposed to next year. any advice will be appreciated. thanks.:)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello and welcome to Mac-Forums.com. We're glad you've joined us.

This question actually comes up quite a bit, and as far as I'm concerned, the answer pretty much applies to any technology purchase:

Buy the machine you need when you need it. It will continue to fulfill those needs long after an updated model is released. If you're always waiting for the next big thing on the horizon, you'll be waiting forever.

Also, the MacBook Pro line was just recently refreshed with slight speed bumps in processors. So, it will likely be awhile before the next refresh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.