safari & mac-forums....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
ok, so i have this problem whenever i'm browsing mac-forums and only mac-forums. safari decides thats it's time to quit......a lot!
for example; click on mac-forums in the favorites and i'll click on a few threads, then suddenly safari quits. so i open it again and view a few other threads then bam! it happens again. this happens about 4 or 5 times before i get fed up and go to another site.

the thing is, this only happens with mac-forums, no other site. it works fine with firefox but i like using safari. i've already run disk utility, and did a restart. i've also clicked on that 'report to apple' link like a hundred times when safari quits. the only third party app. that i've installed recently has been 'you control' itunes controller. i've already un-installed it and to no avail the problem still ensues. i for the life of me cannot pin point any action that i may have taken to cause this to happen. it kind of started out of the blue.

my next step in desperation will be to clear out the internet cookies.

anyone else ever have a problem similar to this? comments/suggestions??

thanks
-j :dummy:

btw i'm using 10.4.2 and safari 2.0.1

Reaction score
I have been getting the same thing with Safari on "this site", your not alone ;)

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
thanks jram nice find. i'll check it out. so far i've been lucky and safari hasn't quit yet....

inap, did you do anything to remedy the problem?

Reaction score
No I tried all that stuff you did but I still have it with this site, I even called Apple They said it was the site.( I thought it may have something to do with the updates) I also tried my isp, they said the same thing, I just grin and bare it ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I take it you are both using Safari 2.0 in Tiger? Since 10.4.1 and now 10.4.2 I have not had Safari close once on Mac Forums. Never. I don't know what is going on but will search and see if I can find something to help you both.

I did have the Safari quitting problem when Tiger first came out but not since the first update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.