iWeb novice question

Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer, but very much print based - I was a magazine art director for many years. So, I'm just trying to do my 1st website using iWeb.

While I'm quite happy to use one of the iWeb templates as they're pretty flexible, what I can't work out is whether you can change the actual shape of the page from portrait format to landscape. I want my individual pages to be more or less the same shape as a double page spread in a magazine.

Is this possible? I 'm probably being very stupid but why are all the templates portrait shape when a Mac screen is very much a landscape shape?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks

C

chas_m

Macs are landscape, but the web isn't. It is designed (mostly) for the lowest common denominator, which in this case means 800x600.

If you design as double-page spreads, many people are going to tell you they can't see your content with scrolling back-and-forth. It would be like watching a widescreen movie on a square television, but with no scoping or pan-and-scan, so you'd only be seeing maybe 1/3rd of the screen area.

The first rule of web design is Web Is Not Print.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.