Window not instantiating when clicked on with mouse.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I open a program(s) like mail, safari....

Moving along as normal, between program(s)......click on window of application with mouse and your in control of the application.....

Then, as I click on an application...... I lose communication, that it doesn't switch to the application that I clicked on.
Started a couple of weeks ago, and getting worse.

When all the windows freeze, I try to force quit the application(s).
when I click on the window to make a selection to force quit, that window doesn't become active......the same as the programs don't become active when clicked on.......it's frozen......I can hit enter on the keypad and am able to apply the suggested promp button that comes up on that window.

When screens freeze and I have no control by clicking on with mouse, I am able to click on app in the dock to quit app. however, when you click down on the app. and hold the mouse button down.... slide over to the drop down that comes up and select the quit function in that menu.......instead on the quit option "becoming" "highlighted blue" and you "instantiate" for the the quit application by letting go of the mouse button... INSTEAD, the quit remains not highlighted and you have to click on it to turn it blue and then click again on the blue highlight "quit" selection.

Conflict of interest between programs....?...
Clear a cahe or a kernel or something....?...
Reload OS and hope it fixes itself...?...

Is it a program or in the computer........seams like a loose of comunication between the two.........like the computer (mouse) gets dazed and lost...can't select red,yellow,green buttons (they may or maynot react when clicked on click).... becomes part of the freeze sometimes..sometimes not.......
Most of the time I have control in finder....but sometimes finder becomes part of the freeze.

mac pro, 2.66 intel , 10.5.8 ,

Any thoughts would be great,

Thank you

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Have you tried a different mouse?

Confession: I came in here to find out the meaning of "instantiaiting". Goodone!

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply toMacsh!

Just a follow up here.

?????

I have no idea. I was considering reinstalling the OS. ouch....... the prep to get things together to make sure I reinstall things I need. The hours (or days) to get it back together once I put the reinstall disk in..........

SO. I don't know what it was, or is.......... but I cleared my history, emptied cash,..............did nothing major but it seems to be OK for know...(as he knocks on wood)......

It's scary ...............but as mentioned (still knocking) it's ok for now.......????

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ha! I had a similar experience this morning in Windows. The problem cleared up on its own. Beats me!

OP
R
Reaction score
Have you tried a different mouse?

Update. So It was getting funky again.....(REAL BAD).
Swapped mouse from another computer........all was good.
Got a new mouse........all is good (knocking on wood).

Scary stuff.
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.