Trouble setting up IP CAM w/AEBS Roaming Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Air, Powermac G5, Macbook Pro, w/AEBS Roaming Network
First off, let me say I hate linksys because of poor software and nonexistent support. There I feel better.

I'm looking for some help connecting linksys IP Cameras to my home network to monitor my property when I'm travelling. I used to do this with linksys WAPS, but since I've discarded all my old linksys networking and standardized on airport, I can't get these things working. I know that I have to identify my camera through the DHCP table and set up port forwarding and there is the problem.

My network consists of 4 base stations set up in a roaming network - same network name and passwords. I need to do it this way so I don't have to switch network when I move from one side of the house to the other, go to the cabana, or my shop in the barn. The network works pretty well since I went to a roaming set up. Good performance, yata, yata, yata.

However, the roaming network requires the AEBS's to be set up in bridge mode, rather than sharing an ip address. When the AEBS is set to bridge mode, you don't see a DCHP table or have the ability to identify your IP Cam through the AEBS - and hence, no port forwarding.

I am able to identify and set up my Linksys IP Cam by locating the ip address on my FIOS router, even though, it's plugged into an AEBS. I set it up, see the video, remove the ethernet cable from the IP Cam, restart - and I can't get to it from an AEBS. In researching this, it appears, I should be setting up the AEBS to "share an IP Address", going to the DHCP table and identifying the camera's IP address and setting up port forwarding. However, you don't see any of the DHCP or port forwarding options in Airport Network Utility when configuring in bridge mode.

I'm hoping I'm missing something here and that the solution isn't to set it up at the FIOS router level, but I'm beginning to think that's my only hope. What concerns me there is that I should be able to see the IP cam on the network without port forwarding since I'm not coming from outside, and I can't even do this unless it's connected hard wire.

I'd appreciate any insight into this that anyone might have. I've hit the wall with what I know.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.