5 weeks in... Email

Reaction score
Hi, i made the switch from Windows to Mac 5 weeks ago...

I am delighted that i made the move and everything seems to be "better" on the mac, HOWEVER... i am close to throwing my macbook out the window as the Mail app is useless...

I am running 3 accounts (2 Gmail & one normal account) from Mail

Every second day, it either stops sending or stops receiving or both... and i have to revert to gmail itself each time this happens (hence it is not a problem with either of my 3 email accounts)

How could such an app be so unstable... it really baffles me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
if the mail doesn't work as you say, i would definitely throw it out. Mail is the only thing that is worth buying a Mac for.....in fact don't throw, i'll buy it from you for $50..i'll pm you my address for posting...

joking aside, are you using Lion or snow leopard?
if you haven't seen this, have a read it may help
Apple - Support - Mail

good luck

J

OP
O
Reaction score
PM me your address... yours for $50...

Ha, i am using Lion, i will check the link out later, thanks

C

chas_m

Or you could, you know, methodically troubleshoot the actual problem and, you know, fix it ... oh heck no let's just throw it out the window or put a band-aid over the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Actually, I have myself spend 8 hours+ (Twice, several months apart because I could not believe this could be so stupid) trying to get Apple's Mail to play nice with Gmail. I got it almost right in the end, using a guide on the internet but there was still several annoyances that did not want to disappear and that drove me nuts.

TidBITS Networking: Achieving Email Bliss with IMAP, Gmail, and Apple Mail

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.