• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wendy's Rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Ok, here goes. I went to donate blood today. On the way there, i stopped by Wendy's to enjoy a good meal before i got there. when i pulled up, i noticed the the 99 cent menu was no longer. half of the 99 cent items were now 1.29. i thought maybe this was because it was the wendys by the beach because most things that are by the beach are different from their in town counter parts. so went on to the donation center. They told me that i could not because i had been to Acapulco and Costa Rica. so i rolled on to the wendys not far from my house. it was the same way!!!!!!!!!!!! i know that i only had to pay .30 more for what i usually got, but come on, seriously. that was the last decent value menu out there. i paid .99 for a small drink. the soda industry is making a killing off of americans. i mexico, you can get a liter of coke for .99. in panama it is cheaper. then, my usual .99 jr bacon cheese burger was a 1.29!!!!!!!!!! what a rip off.

rant over.

L

lil

I warn you now.

Whatever you do.

Never, EVER, move to England ;) You'd have a heart attack over the prices

Vicky

S

sursuciofla

That's why fast food sucks. I only go when I am desperate for food. It makes me feel ill sometimes when I eat it and for the prices I at least want to feel good dangit.

M

Merlinblack

:D get used to it with gas prices going up inflation is going to pop up everywhere including your local fast food joints. Now imagine if your a Mom and Pop shop selling donairs or burgers, you don't buy your burgers/meat in bulk so you are paying huge amounts of money for the meat, but to keep competative with the wendy's down the street you have to keep your prices low.

THEN factor in the fact that you americans haven't had Canadian beef for nearly 2 years and that some of the Canadian ranchers have gone bankrupt and beef is less plentiful than it was before the mad cow incident.

You're lucky it's not $1.50. :p

But I enjoy my wendy's as well. I probably would have been mad as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
They did the same thing here about 6 mos ago. Sux but my 5 piece nuggets are still .99c. Thats all I ever get anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - 3.06 C2D - 4 GB RAM & Mac Mini - 1.66 Intel - 2GB RAM
Yeah, well if you want to Biggie size the french fries in the combo meals now, you have to specifically tell them to do it, otherwise you get the normal large size fries. I forget how much it costs to make the fries biggie now, but I consider it a ripoff... They charge you $.40 to biggie size the drink, and then an additional fee for the biggie size fries now?!?!?! I don't think so. The only time I eat at Wendy's now is when my wife goes with me, because she used to work there and the managers give us free food! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Buy from a grocery store, eat healthy, and ull save money.

if you really want 99¢ soda buy a 2-3 liter bottle.

L

lil

Higher gas prices.

I'd **love** to pay a couple of bucks for fuel. As it stands, we pay around probably $8-9 dollars for a gallon (US gallon, wouldn't inflict a UK gallon on you now :flower: )

Vicky

S

sursuciofla

Graphite said:

if you really want 99¢ soda buy a 2-3 liter bottle.

TOUCHE!

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me"! I hardly ate it before then but after watching that it just confirmed it more. Like I said though when you are desperate that's probably the last option, besides the dumpster, lol. Unless I am really hungry I just usually skip the meal if I am forced to go with fast food. Usually get caught up in work when I miss meals.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I don't eat cheeseburgs from fast food restaurants anymore. I've sworn off McDonald's and Burger King completely. I only get the salad and chilly from Wendy's. But I haven't quite convinced myself to give up Taco Bell. :eek:

Does my butt look big?

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Graphite said:

i usually do

Vong said:
Yeah, well if you want to Biggie size the french fries in the combo meals now, you have to specifically tell them to do it, otherwise you get the normal large size fries.

i just wanted a cheap meal. when i do get a combo meal from wendy's it is usually the spicy chicken sandwich, plain with a piece of cheese. i was just complaining about the "value menu"

sursuciofla said:
I just usually skip the meal if I am forced to go with fast food.

that is unhealthy. your metabolism needs you to eat consistently. while on deployment, i usually skipped at least one meal a day because it was generally disgusting or i chose to sleep. i gained 10 pounds over 4 months. i have been home for 3 weeks and i have lost 5 pounds because i am eating 3 meals a day with good portioning and nutrition.

S

sursuciofla

Doesn't matter if I stuff myself, don't eat, or eat a little bit every few hours, I have been the same weight for 8 years. I guess maybe when I hit my mid-30s or so that may change but my metabolism is off the chain right now. I agree though it is unhealthy what I do sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm, I guess we can start debating nutrition if thats where its going...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well... believe it or not, I think taco bell is pretty good for lifters... I get my largest gains on a diet of atleast 2 grande soft tacos a day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
someone ik got ecoli from a wendy's

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Graphite said:
Well... believe it or not, I think taco bell is pretty good for lifters... I get my largest gains on a diet of atleast 2 grande soft tacos a day...

Oh, thank you! That's just what I needed to hear. No wonder, I can't give up Taco Bell. Now, I wonder, if Jazzercisers approve of Taco Bell, me being an avid Jazzerciser and all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macAttack said:
someone ik got ecoli from a wendy's

are you trying to say... "Someone I know got e-coli from a Wendy's?"

because if you are... First of all that person should have sued, If they did not, then they couldn't prove it. Second no you don't. Third, did you really need to share that? Just about every fast food, or food chain has had atleast one customer contract some form of horrible disease... Now if you have a fun little story or anecdote to continue that little tidbit please continue. Else, I am going to ban you..

:biohazard enjoying it all!

im only mostly just foxin with ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
fearlessfreap24 said:
that is unhealthy. your metabolism needs you to eat consistently. while on deployment, i usually skipped at least one meal a day because it was generally disgusting or i chose to sleep. i gained 10 pounds over 4 months. i have been home for 3 weeks and i have lost 5 pounds because i am eating 3 meals a day with good portioning and nutrition.

exactly right. There's actually a diet based upon that called the "Three Hour Diet" who's poster child is a guy called Jorge Cruise. It's getting pretty big, the guys been on Oprah and in several magazines, supposed to be like the next Atkins or South Beach. They sell bars and drinks (these actually are extremely good. the coffee drink is equal to starbucks, and the bars are great too) for you to use as between meal snacks to keep food in your system at Walmart, and other stores. http://www.jorgecruise.com/

back on topic, I know how you feel, seems like prices are going up, and quantity is going down. At the same time, we're still lucky to be in the US when you compare costs to many other countries.

To save money, the best way is to make it yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.