• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Xbox or Playstation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So here's the thing. I'm not really a "gamer". I actually own the original Xbox but haven't used it in years. Might as well take the HD out of it and use it for something else at this point. Lately, I've been in the mood for a mindless, brain numbing distraction to take me out of reality (books are not mindless or numbing so...) for a bit.

Long story short, I think I want a new console. The Wii looks fun and I love Zelda and Mario cart but after those titles, the Wii seems to be lacking for me. My wife was commenting on one of the dance games and how much she thought it was a great idea.. so which ever console I get, I'll also probably get the wireless motion sensor with it too.

I really love online game play in the vain of say.. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Ghost Recon etc.. But also reeeeally LOVE games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil. I enjoy the puzzle aspects of them the most and not just mindless shooting and killing. The original Resident Evil series was great in this respect.

I know that online gaming is free with the PS3, but have heard that the Xbox online community is much larger?

I know that I can sign up to a gaming forum and ask these questions there, but figured that you guys would be less likely to toss bias around here, especially given the nature of MF...

Another noob question: If I did go for the Xbox, how many games would fit on the 4 gig version, about? Are there any huge advantages in going with the larger capacity versions? Does such a thing apply to the PS3 as well?

I'm not really sure of what else to ask about at this point... Guess I"ll just start with that. :)

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
In my experience, the Xbox community is much bigger and is more involved... Most of the people online have microphones (not sure if that is a plus or minus for you) because one normally comes with it for free. I've also noticed that the players on the PS3 tend to be worse; although this could be because of my lack of gaming on the PS3. :)

Go for the one that your friends have. None of my friends have the PS3 so it is just sitting around gathering dust - except for when I watch Blu-Ray. If this doesn't really matter to you, go for the one with the exclusives that you enjoy. For example, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, or Gears of War.

The hard drive space is needed if you want to download games or demos onto your hard drive. The PS3 downloads part of the game off the disc onto the hard drive - which is why the PS3 hard drive is bigger. Now there is an option to do the same sort of thing with the Xbox - it just makes stuff load quicker.

The 4 GB version would work if you just planned to play disc games and it would fit a couple downloadable games. The only advantage I see to the bigger hard drive is that you can download games to it and you can download any demo you want and not delete it. I have the 20 GB and I haven't filled it up yet. The PS3 has a way bigger hard drive and I believe can be replaced with a notebook hard drive if needed.

Good luck with your decision :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I've been in the same position as you Doug for quite some time now, I want a new console, but not sure which to get. Will be following this thread closely. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Keep in mind that some games (BF3, Rage for example) require installations in excess of 4 Gb to enable hi-res textures. You would be able to play these games on the 4 Gb model but not at the highest level of available detail. Definitely go for a model with a larger HDD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If you get the $199 4GB XBOX model you can always add the hard drive later. They are all over the store and eBay. I started with the 4GB model, and put a hard drive in later. The only drawback to the XBOX drive is that they contain a custom firmware on the drive and you have to get a drive specially designed for the XBOX. Hacking a drive to work in an XBOX can get your console banned, so that is less than desirable.

The PS3 starts with a much larger drive, and if you fill it you can put in any SATA notebook drive and do a restore from a backup. As already noted it also is a Blu-Ray player which is a great feature to have.

I personally like the Playstation Move over the Kinect on the XBox. It seems to work better for me, and to keep the wife happy the PS3 Move does the dance games very well. There are some great titles out there for both, but I favor the PS3 more for the motion games.

I agree with you on the Wii, that there are only a few titles that make it worthy. Out of the 3, our Wii pretty much just sits and gathers dust. It is fun at times but does not compare to the PS3 and XBox in many ways. As an adult I think that the PS3 or XBox consoles are much better choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
All for xBox here, I started out as a Halo addict. I have since played other games.. Call of Duty, NFL, NCAA, FIFA.. (halo is ONLY on xbox.. and PC).

In your OP you mention the online community. I think that the xBox has the better community.. involvement, microphones, groups/clans all mentioned above. Yes you pay/year (~60$), but it doesn't crash for 2 weeks at a time like PS3 either. I guess that could be a sentinel event but none the less, an event.

From other posts above, the Kinect... I love the Kinect, the wife loves it, our four year loves it, and our friends and family like it occasionally too. Big area, well lighted, carpeted (we have hard wood), bottom story (no thumping from above when in use) are all things I recommend for the Kinect. It does not have any 'paddles' like the Wii and PS3 Move. So it sees the entire body and does well at it. It has some flaws, but that means you can't master the game extremely easily like I have seen on the Wii. On the other side of the coin, I don't think we would have purchased a Kinect if it weren't for our daughter.

The friend factor def helps my lifestyle. I have like 3 friends that have PS3.. but i have like 12 more friends that have the xbox and they play semi-regularly to 24/7.

I can speak for the 'apps' on the Xbox.. Hulu, netflix, last fm, FB.. all good clean and usable. There are more as well, and I think HBO GO is on deck as well as Cinemax GO... but if you have cable on the TV with the console.. thats a moot point.. we don't.

To qualify my opinions above, I have never even played a PS3, and haven't played the Wii for like 3/4 years.

Money is about the same if i remember correctly (before you bring hard drives into the equation).

The only thing that the PS3 takes the cake no questions asked is Blu-Ray. Also not mentioned above is the fact that if you have/plan on getting a 3d TV the PS3 can handle that standard. Xbox is no where near that as far as i can tell, and probably not going to be for a while.

So if you like halo, that makes it a no brainer.. if you have/getting a 3d tv.. that helps out your decision considerably.. def take the friend factor into consideration (and if their wives let them play) hahaha.

gl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Keep in mind that HDD prices have doubled and prices will continue to rise until manufacturing facilities in Thailand recover from recent floods ( late 2012 by industry estimates. IF you can get an xbox 360 HDD at a decent price online then that would be the way to go otherwise avoid the 4 Gb model like the plague. Also, the 360 "slim" will not accept an HDD without also purchasing an external enclosure, just one more cost to consider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
In your OP you mention the online community. I think that the xBox has the better community.. involvement, microphones, groups/clans all mentioned above. Yes you pay/year (~60$), but it doesn't crash for 2 weeks at a time like PS3 either. I guess that could be a sentinel event but none the less, an event.
Before you go criticizing something, make sure you've at least tried both of them! I have both. The network dropped because of HACKERS! I guess you haven't had a 360 long enough to know that their network has dropped too.

the Kinect. It does not have any 'paddles' like the Wii and PS3 Move. So it sees the entire body and does well at it.
The "paddles" are a device to universally control objects in a game, so your can mimic your game character MUCH more accurately than the 360, which doesn't even come close, and also doesn't even have any games besides child-type ones. They both use camera(s) to capture the players movements.

To qualify my opinions above, I have never even played a PS3, and haven't played the Wii for like 3/4 years.
You probably should try it before...

I own them both because I'm SICK and TIRED of little kids on a 360 acting little a little B**** when their parents aren't around.

People keep on talking crap about the PSN's network for not being able to talk, lag, and other useless crap, when it's all false. If you have crap internet, your experience will suck, but what system is that not the case in? As for the amount of people in "the community," who cares? Are you playing with them all at once? NO! Groups/clans? You have the same thing on the PS3! I think argumentative points from one who has never owned both are moot...>.>

I'f the online community is your biggest priority, you are looking at the wrong systems, go to PC. If you want something that isn't already bottlenecked, get the PS3. If you online play isn't your kind of thing(which is not the case here), then go for the 360 since it will be the cheapest without xbox live.
The PS3 is an all in one system with better dvd playback qualities, more customizable, and easier to use without the crap xbox-board that is too much for its own system to handle.

Here's one example of why I don't care about the Xbox(more so in dealing with Xbox Live). I go to play Call of Duty: Black Ops(newest at the time), and there is lag. Why would there be lag when you are paying $60 per year? Also, why would an xbox fanboy mock a PS3 for lagging when it's FREE, when the xbox cost a pretty penny and still lags? To get to the point, My 360(120gb version) has to be connected to the ethernet. If I go wireless on it, well, good luck! On my PS3(Slim 120GB), I only use wifi on it. Never lags. Never a problem, with a guest and a mic on. Never an issue with getting hd quality streaming from Netflix, and Vudu always shows movies at HDX quality(The best quality possible)...on wifi!

The online argument is getting a few years to old in my opinion. I had my first PS3(fat version) when it first came out, and sold it because it was more expensive for everyone else to get, leading to there not being many people I knew who I could play with. Now, that's not even a problem, and due to xbox live problems, I bought it again.

If you are set on the 360, don't even think about the 4gb version. I only have game saves and random files, and I already have more than 6gb's worth of stuff, not including videos, demos, etc. Some games require more frequent saving, which add up quick. I also have the HD-DVD for my 360, and if you get a 360, I would recommend you get that also, since it does a good job of playing HD-DVDs and can at least upscale dvds.

One thing I really like about the PS3 is that I can watch a movie in my theater room, and not be bothered by the noise it makes, which I can't say about the 360. One of the most missed features about the PS3 is that you have a FULL BROWSER! If you have a bt keyboard, and a mouse, you pretty much have a computer!

PS3 Pros:
-powerful
-Bluray
-customizable options
-lighter controllers with 6-axxis control
-quiet
-no bluetooth device limitations(can use any keyboard/mic/whatever)
Cons:
-Can't play Forza4

Xbox 360 Pros:
-Slightly cheaper upfront
-Larger library of games, but doesn't mean they are good.
Cons:
-More expensive in the long run
-No HD movie support
-Power hungry even though it's not more powerful
-Noisy fans(unless it's running at idle)
-Cumbersome controller when compared to the 6-axxis controller.
-defect rate is still high

So, in the past, I would have said get a 360. However, I can't say that now.
I'm sure I'm missing some important facts/notes in here.

Reaction score
I woudl say XBOX. Sorry PS3. Only reason really is because you have to pay for XBOX live and that allows you to have a pretty stable online gaming experience. I have a PS3 as well which I love, but the online play on that varies. I play only the shooter games like CoD on XBOX and that is pretty much it. I have a job and family to take care of so my play time online is limited. It does get annoying that those young kids whoop my butt online, but oh well. Then again I don't "practice" 8 hrs a day either!

I use my PS3 as a BLU-RAY player too so it does a double wammie. Hate to admit though that my PS3 is used mainly now for just movies. Sorry PS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
PS3 Pros:
-powerful
-Bluray
-customizable options
-lighter controllers with 6-axxis control
-quiet
-no bluetooth device limitations(can use any keyboard/mic/whatever)
Cons:
-Can't play Forza4

Xbox 360 Pros:
-Slightly cheaper upfront
-Larger library of games, but doesn't mean they are good.
Cons:
-More expensive in the long run
-No HD movie support
-Power hungry even though it's not more powerful
-Noisy fans(unless it's running at idle)
-Cumbersome controller when compared to the 6-axxis controller.
-defect rate is still high

So, in the past, I would have said get a 360. However, I can't say that now.
I'm sure I'm missing some important facts/notes in here.

I agree with you on most points. However, I find my Xbox controller to be more comfortable than my PS3 controller. It tends to fit my hands better.

The PS3 is far superior to the Xbox as an overall entertainment machine if only for its Blu-Ray player. The sound on my Xbox is super loud and can actually be distracting while playing things.

As a pure gaming machine, it just comes down to what your friends have and what games you want to play. My favorite game is Gears of War and it, sadly, is not available for the PS3.

I would just do some research on the games that you want, see what platforms they are available on, and make your decision after that.

The PS3 is the superior system on paper. :)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
PS3 man here (although mine died recently, and have since converted to the PC.)

PS3 doubles up as a great media player. The XMC interface is something that i wish you could get a dektop version of, like on an Apple TV or something. Hard drives are easy to upgrade.

most of the time, I am the same, prefer random, mindless stuff like COD or FIFA. PS3 controllers are small and light, and the console looks alot better in a front room than a manky white XBox.

Though whatever you decide to go for, make sure you dont go for the old, cheap 360s. go for a slim, they run much cooler, quieter and more reliably. With PS3s, you dont have to worry so much.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Some interesting viewpoints here, not so unlike other forums I suppose, in some ways. It's amazing how heated such a discussion can become! OS X/Windows... PS3/Xbox. Almost as if it were a debate between two religions.. whew!

Thank you guys for your opinions thus far. I'm definitely not into hearing opinions on one or the other console if the experience has only been with one or the other. Hearsay is just that, and leads to nowhere good.

I can say this for sure: I could care less about DVD or Bluray playback. Though I do have DVD's, I also have a good enough DVD player, as well as a karaoke/DVD machine. That's enough for us. Beside that, most of my movie collection is digital and resides on external HD's that are connected directly to my TV.

Second: I most certainly do care about online game play, but am not about to build another dedicated Windows box for such a thing. I'm done with that era of my life, and care more about convenience. I love the profile of the PS3, and it looks great.

So now, I've heard conflicting reports about the stability of the PS3's network. Some of you say it's fine, and others say not so much. My internet connection in general is fairly good (23 Mbps wireless), so I'm not worried about streaming so long as the network I'm connecting to has servers near by. Perhaps that its self is the key.

I'm sure that a good number of my co-workers have consoles, so I guess that I'd have "buddies" to play with on either system, though sometimes it's better to stay anonymous I guess. As far as the game libraries go... I could care less about Halo, and it's kind of annoying that each system has exclusives. Though I guess I'd be prone to enjoy the most "popular" mainstream games such as Battlefield, COD, etc..

This might sound weird, but, I really really really dig both the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series. Especially the originals. Love the puzzle solving aspects of them and would love to play them again. Love SH for the sheer creepiness as well. I know that RE was originally released for the Playstation, and had it at the time. Wish I had never thrown it away! Can I get both of those games for both platforms?

Is there perhaps a website that has an comparison of titles for each platform, separating exclusives and such? Sorry for all of the stupid questions. I'm old now and have spent zero time with video games for years. Well, almost. I'm so basic, that I am sometimes happy playing Urban Terror on the Mac! Ooh, that reminds me. I loved playing Rainbow 6 back in the day. I think it was Raven Shield.

Random:
I find Xbox controllers a bit awkward and clumsy. PS3 controllers always seemed a bit better ergonomically, for me. I love the idea of Netflix and Hulu integration, though a friend of mine who has the XBox and Apple TV says that streaming from the ATV is heads and shoulders better via wireless. I wonder if that speaks to the quality of his ISP or the Xbox in general?

Guess I'll do a bit more research. But please continue on with any real world usage opinions, especially if you own both consoles!

Thanks guys. (rep points abound!)

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
At some point in the last 4 years I've owned both consoles, and only the PS3 remains. In fact I only had the XBOX for 4 months before selling it on. Why?

Firstly, paying to play online was a minor annoyance. Yes it was only £35 a year, but I couldn't see any noticeable difference between the PSN and XBOX live. In the 4 years I've owned my PS3, the only time it has failed me was when the network got hacked. To be honest, anyone who says that the PSN online experience is inferior to XBOX, is only saying that because they are bummed that they have to pay to play online. ;)

Secondly, I felt that the XBOX Is a console aimed at the younger generation. I don't know why I thought this, but to me, the PS3 certainly feels more refined and mature. Maybe the fact you have little 'avatars' on the XBOX that you can buy clothes for just made it seem a little immature

If I was to buy all over again, the PS3 would win hands down everytime.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Another that has owned both systems. As Chuckoir, only the PS3 remains. That could be because I'm into different games, and not so much the online ones. Probably due to not really enjoying the 11 year olds wiping up the floor with me. :Angry-Tongue: Just can't keep up with them any longer.

Was into Halo on the Xbox, but enjoy the action adventure genre similar to Tomb Raider and the PS3 only Uncharted series is a great game. I probably will check out the new Oblivion also.

As another noted, I have no issue streaming VUDU HDX movies via wifi on my PS3. About the only online gaming I do via the PS3 are a couple of racing games and have never had an issue related to the network while playing any of those.

I can tell you, as I've gotten older, the comfort of the controller has become a big, big issue if I want to sit down and go at it for a couple of hours at a time. And the PS3 controller just fit my hands better. I still have to take breaks to prevent my hands from becoming stiff, but not as often as I did with the Xbox controller it seems.

Found this on a search of PS 3 only games - link. Would guess there is one for the Xbox also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Secondly, I felt that the XBOX Is a console aimed at the younger generation. I don't know why I thought this, but to me, the PS3 certainly feels more refined and mature. Maybe the fact you have little 'avatars' on the XBOX that you can buy clothes for just made it seem a little immature
I agree. There is definitely a more "mature" feeling about the 360. Even the 360's menu system suggests that. The first Xbox 360 menu system was the best imo. The PS3 does have something like avatars, but you actually get your own world to play in, and it's not cartoony like that of the 360 and Wii.

With that said, you probably won't see me selling my, though, if I had to make the decision between the PS3 and the 360, the 360 will be out of here asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I can say this for sure: I could care less about DVD or Bluray playback. Though I do have DVD's, I also have a good enough DVD player, as well as a karaoke/DVD machine. That's enough for us. Beside that, most of my movie collection is digital and resides on external HD's that are connected directly to my TV.
This is what I thought when I first got the PS3. I love my Blu-Ray player and it was used very frequently when I was subscribed to Netflix.

Second: I most certainly do care about online game play, but am not about to build another dedicated Windows box for such a thing. I'm done with that era of my life, and care more about convenience. I love the profile of the PS3, and it looks great.
They are both extremely easy to set up and you should have no problem with either one. I think the PS3 menu looks better than the Xbox 360 menu but both serve their purpose.

So now, I've heard conflicting reports about the stability of the PS3's network. Some of you say it's fine, and others say not so much. My internet connection in general is fairly good (23 Mbps wireless), so I'm not worried about streaming so long as the network I'm connecting to has servers near by. Perhaps that its self is the key.
PSN was down for a few weeks back when they were hacked. That is the only major problem I remember with it. The lag, if there is any, is almost always caused by the server.
My Xbox has had many issues in the past regarding NAT settings and such.

I'm sure that a good number of my co-workers have consoles, so I guess that I'd have "buddies" to play with on either system, though sometimes it's better to stay anonymous I guess. As far as the game libraries go... I could care less about Halo, and it's kind of annoying that each system has exclusives. Though I guess I'd be prone to enjoy the most "popular" mainstream games such as Battlefield, COD, etc..

This might sound weird, but, I really really really dig both the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series. Especially the originals. Love the puzzle solving aspects of them and would love to play them again. Love SH for the sheer creepiness as well. I know that RE was originally released for the Playstation, and had it at the time. Wish I had never thrown it away! Can I get both of those games for both platforms?
The PS3 isn't backwards compatible unless you buy the older, more expensive model. So it won't be able to play PS2 games.
Here is a list of Xbox games compatible with the Xbox 360. Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams and Silent Hill 4: The Room are compatible. I do not see Resident Evil on the list. :(

Is there perhaps a website that has an comparison of titles for each platform, separating exclusives and such? Sorry for all of the stupid questions. I'm old now and have spent zero time with video games for years. Well, almost. I'm so basic, that I am sometimes happy playing Urban Terror on the Mac! Ooh, that reminds me. I loved playing Rainbow 6 back in the day. I think it was Raven Shield.
The new Rainbow 6 games are available on both systems.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown are all Xbox games compatible with the Xbox 360.
Here is a page with all of the exclusives. Just scroll down to the PS3 and the Xbox 360. There are a lot of games.
The main ones for the PS3 are Killzone, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Little Big Planet, and Ratchet and Clank.
The main exclusives for the Xbox 360 are Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising.

Random:
I find Xbox controllers a bit awkward and clumsy. PS3 controllers always seemed a bit better ergonomically, for me. I love the idea of Netflix and Hulu integration, though a friend of mine who has the XBox and Apple TV says that streaming from the ATV is heads and shoulders better via wireless. I wonder if that speaks to the quality of his ISP or the Xbox in general?
Both systems can use Hulu and Netflix. I can't really comment on the quality of the Xbox vs Apple TV but the streaming is quite pleasant on both systems.

Good luck with your research, hope you find one you like! :)

Edit: Xbox does have wifi :)
- Thanks JohnCL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
....Xbox doesn't come with wireless built into it unless you get one of the higher up models.

FYI, all current Xbox models have wifi, even the $199 model. No more external adapters like in the days of old.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
WARNING! Thread Hijack Ahead . . . ..

Some interesting viewpoints here, not so unlike other forums I suppose, in some ways. It's amazing how heated such a discussion can become! OS X/Windows... PS3/Xbox. Almost as if it were a debate between two religions.. whew! . . . .. Doug

I apologize for the divergence, but your opening paragraph struck me and I'm in a somewhat philosophical mood today.

First of all, as you know, I am a Christian and make no bones or apologies about it. But, I haven't always been one, having made that decision as an adult. As a result, I have a hard time understanding why I should be angry with or impatient with anyone who holds the same opinions, and makes the same counter arguments that I did for so long.

This idea that because we disagree we must be enemies, or that I am somehow inherently threatened by anyone who has opposing viewpoints, tastes or backgrounds is unfortunately prevalent in our world.

The comment is often made that religion has killed more people than anything else in the world. I would counter with the NRA argument.
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Religion is just the excuse. It could be politics, race, even allegiance to a sports team. The real killer is the visceral need to demonize others who disagree with us.

Anyway, apologies again for the hijack. I was just struck to by the heat in some of the posts and your comment triggered my musing.

FWIW I have a Wii, but have been considering the PS3 for a while, so am keeping my eye on this thread.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots of goodies to comment on! Technical as well as philosophical, which I like. But alas, I have to take a tiny nap as I just got home from work, and actually have to return back for a 3 1/2 hour meeting at 7pm. Can't wait to get back home and really sleep!

But not before I get back to this thread, which has the scales tipping in favor of the PS3. :$

Doug

Reaction score
Doug. either one will fill your needs in my opinion. The important factor that might come up is if your friends have a console and what. reason why i bought a PS3 back in the days was for that reason. most my friends had PS3 so that way i could play online with them. The blue-ray is a bonus, and the fact u have to pay for online gaming on xbox just made it way to unattractive for me. the games are more or less the same, there are some games that are special so that might be a deciding factor. overall i think the PS3 is a better buy unless u want a special game that the Xbox offers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.