Wireless Security Modes...and the lack thereof

Reaction score
Several months ago, I got a 13" MBP for work, right about the time that we were rolling out a new wireless network. The network, being corporate and shiny and new, uses WPA2 Enterprise PEAP and MSCHAPv2 authentication and encryption. Initially I was able to get my MBP to connect to that corporate network just fine. It's not broadcasting the SSID so I had to manually have it join the network. I was able to drop down the security options and select WPA2 Enterprise. Then I was able to select PEAP and MSCHAPv2 form the "Mode" drop down. This was fine for a while. Eventually before we completely rolled out the network, I upgraded from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and while I was helping work on the network, I noticed that I no longer was able to connect to that network. I tried removing that network and re-adding it, but when I added it, PEAP was not an option in the "Mode" drop down. Now all I have is "Automatic" and "EAP-TLS", neither of which is right. Does anyone know where my other options went?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Moved to the appropriate forum.

OP
P
Reaction score
OK...well at this point I've tried several of the recommendations in the basic troubleshooting section, but I still have no PEAP option. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.