hooking up to tv with sound problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Iphone 4, Ipad 16gb wifi, Ipod touch
Hi there. I am hoping i may find the answer to a problem i have been struggling with. I have a macbook pro which im attempting to connect to my tv with a view to streaming movies from lovefilm.com. I have managed to buy the correct hdmi cable to connect the macbook to the tv visually, and I have the screen working properly. My problem is sound. I bought a headphone jack to RCA lead and thought i would be good. I can select an option on the tv menu through which i can hear my audio, but I cant find a way to hear the audio and see the screen at the same time. It seems i can only have one or the other. I am stumped and id appreciate any wisdom thats out there. Thanks in advance!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Iphone 4, Ipad 16gb wifi, Ipod touch
Hi bobtomay.. I just wanted to thank you for your help. I got the appropriate equipment and i am up and running now.

Ronnie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.