Entourage/Outlook verses Apple Mail

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a new Mac Computer, a labtop and an iphone. In the past I have always used Entourage for my mail system. However, I really wanted to change to Apple Mail. I have heard that there are some problems using Apple Mail when sending attachments to PC users and such. I would really love my computers and iphone to all work together with my email and ical. I assume this will not be possible if I continue to use Entourage or the new 2011 Outlook. Does anyone have any sugguestions or thoughts on this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Absolutely nothing wrong with using either Outlook 2011 or Mac Mail. Both will send your attachments to a Windows PC. Since you now have an iPhone and another computer, it would be best to setup your mail as IMAP with your ISP so that you can keep it in sync. Check with your provider first to see if they allow IMAP and if it's a free service. Google Mail (GMail) provides that service for free and has good instructions for setting it up with Mac Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.