Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17", iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 64gb, iMac
Hi everyone!
I just received my new Macbook pro. The problem is that my mom bought it from Thailand, and it was my birthday gift. So now the keyboard layout is in thai.
Is it possible to send it to apple so they can change it to Danish layout?

Please help! I'm kind of disappointed..

Sincerely
NightLight

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi everyone!
I just received my new Macbook pro. The problem is that my mom bought it from Thailand, and it was my birthday gift. So now the keyboard layout is in thai.
Is it possible to send it to apple so they can change it to Danish layout?

Please help! I'm kind of disappointed..

Sincerely
NightLight
If she bought it from Apple you should be able to return it for exchange for a new one. I would give them a call and ask.

EDIT: Are you talking about the physical keyboard, or the software set up? If it is just the language preference, you should be able to do an OS reinstall and change the language if it isn't possible to do it from within General Settings (haven't looked to see if it is)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I'd be well happy if my mom bought me a 17" MBP, regardless of what language the keys where in.

Dang, I'd learn Thai if I had to!

Ungrateful much? ;)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How can i return it since it was in Thailand, and i'm 10 hours away from Thailand now.

And yes it's the physical keyboard (irl = In real life).

So is it possible to change the keyboard layout?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
How can i return it since it was in Thailand, and i'm 10 hours away from Thailand now.

And yes it's the physical keyboard (irl = In real life).

So is it possible to change the keyboard layout?

It's brand new and purchased from Apple?

If so, you have 15 (?) days no questions asked return (and by mail works). Again, I would call Apple and explain the situation to them and see what they can do. If nothing else you ought to be able to mail it in for a refund (if you had to pay for shipping it would still be a lot cheaper than paying to switch out a keyboard).

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a really difficult way to write on this keyboard. I the symbols are different places.

-my mom owe me 5.000 bucks, so she bought this Macbook pro. And now i just want to change the layout of the keyboard. I don't care how much it costs!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's brand new and purchased from Apple?

If so, you have 15 (?) days no questions asked return (and by mail works). Again, I would call Apple and explain the situation to them and see what they can do. If nothing else you ought to be able to mail it in for a refund (if you had to pay for shipping it would still be a lot cheaper than paying to switch out a keyboard).

I don't know, my mom MAYBE bought this Macbook from an Apple store in Thailand. I don't know.

My plan is to send it to the nearest Apple store here in Denmark.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can change the keyboard layout internally but not physically. However, it's a simple matter of buying a keyboard overlay and stick the letters on top of the Thai symbols. Not very elegant but it works. We do that all the time with our machines so we can switch the keyboard to Korean and other Asian languages. The original keyboard is American English.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 imac
A: Take it to any apple store, with a receipt for the serial numbers ect.
and trade it in
B: Take it to any apple store, and have them put on a new keyboard, it will probably be covered, mine was out of warrantee and when they switched it for a new battery they asked if I wanted a new keyboard because all the lettering was worn out, NO CHARGE.
C: buy a new keyboard from the intent, and change the software to Danish or english or whatever you like
D: sell it to a Thai who you may know and buy a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.