Web site page loading problem

Reaction score
Amazon: trying to view seller information or all seller feedback results in the page partially loading, then "Loading..." shows indefinitely.
Applies to Safari & Firefox on Mac 10.6.8; also applies to Internet Explorer and Firefox on Win XP SP3 running under VMWare on the Mac.
Instant fix: disable Intego VirusBarrier X6; all windows load perfectly.
Possibly Intego settings? Query submitted to Intego; probably long-term solution is uninstall Intego & install ClamXAV - ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Personally, I see no point in installing any virus software on OSX. If you pay attention to where you go and are not out doing nefarious deeds than you should have no worries.

Windows - technically, the same applies, if you really pay attention, however I do not recommend this. I generally recommend running AVG Free and Windows Defender (both small, unbloated and relatively good at catching most of the stuff out there.)

And I am making these statements as in IT professional with over 16 years in the business. I deal with viruses on a weekly basis with the users I support (3 offices, 1400 users, 1800 computers). The corporation standard is McAfee, however the spyware still gets through. I have my family running with AVG and Defender and they have fewer problems - so long as they are not just clicking randomly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I agree with Deckyon but I run MSE on my Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He stated "Defender" but might have meant MSE. I believe if Defender is active and MSE is installed, it will deactivate Defender. Anyway, according to what I've read, MSE is the better of the two. However, neither will stop spyware and malware completely as Deckyon pointed out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.