Problems: need guidance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2Ghz i7 4GB
Howdy folks.
I have had my MBP 2011 2.2ghz for about 8 months now.
During this time I have experienced many problems, some of which I have resolved via apple care.

However, I feel there are too many "issues" of late and would like some advice on what to do next.

First let me start by saying I am not sure at all if this is OS or hardware, or both.

1)The first issue I had was itunes updating, then after my whole library was gone. I restored my music thankfully, but the update continues to pop up.

2)That however is the least of my worries.
I am also having a problem similar to this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2098873?start=0&tstart=0
My screen blacks out for brief periods, sporadically; an only on one user account (not admin)

3)My biggest problem is with virtual dj and itunes. When playing music in the background, and surfing or transferring data, the songs skip (or "go digital")
It happens when doing something else (I can make it happen)
I thought this was a quad core w/virtual 8?

4)Also, file transfers seem to take an awful long time (at times)

5)And safari seems terribly flawed...it is very quirky.
Most times it just freezes with the beach ball.
Also when editing a message board forum, after saving, the text gets posted amongst code (HTML?)

6)My external keyboard (apple) loses connectivity now and again. I think it happens when I push caps lock. replugging in usb fixes it.

7)apps "quit unexpectedly" quite a bit as of late. I send reports to apple.

I have zapped p-ram, reinstalled, restored, restarted.
I am not one to complain, an I just want this all to go away.
This is not how a $3,000 machine should run!

anyone patient enough to read all this an advise, thank you.
(and yes, I am aware of my 3 years of apple care. They just seem limited at times and will be my last resort)

I appreciate your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Unless you have been trying some unusual things in the Terminal or with permissions, or deleting things you shouldn't have, or moving your music folder around, etc., you should not have these problems.
I'd conclude you got a lemon. Take it back to the Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I agree with gsahli. It's seems obvious that you have a lemon. The best recourse is to take it to an Apple Store to demo some problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.