overscan option missing on osx 10.7.2

Reaction score
I have a brand new MacBook Pro 17 top of the line running OSX 10.7.2 with all software up to date.

In my display preferences there is no overscan option anymore when connected to my scan converter through the mini display port -> vga apple adapter.

Please help! I do live VJ work and now my output DOES NOT fill the whole screen, looks horrible!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There should be no need of an overscan option when using VGA.
I'd suggest changing the resolution you're using.

OP
V
Reaction score
video mixer

I mix video live behind bands and djs, all my clips are formated to be photojpeg 640x480 to reduce load on the computer. The output of the computer runs into a video mixer. That final output is not right when the computer is coming through but is when a dvd player is coming through.
SoupVisuals.com

Also when I hook it up directly through vga the same problem happens. Overscan is needed, as always, when going to a tv from a computer. Where has it gone? How do I/we bring it back?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.