Apostrophe key broken - replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2011, 2.2GHz Core i7, 4GB Ram, 750GB HD 5400 RPM, Macintosh OS X Lion and Bootcamp
I recently moved around the keys on my MacBook Pro 2011 15" into a Dvorak configuration, and it's working nicely so far.

Only problem is that the apostrophe key seems to have a broken latch.

The scissor mechanism works fine, but the little nubs seem bent a bit and for some reason the right side latch is not grabbing onto the metal clip. Only the left side is holding on, and the right side hangs loose. It works okay but it really really bothers me. :Shouting:

Is there a place where I could get a new apostrophe key (other than pulling one off a notebook from the Apple Store)? Or possibly get the right side to click in?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2011, 2.2GHz Core i7, 4GB Ram, 750GB HD 5400 RPM, Macintosh OS X Lion and Bootcamp
Never mind - I was able to fix it by myself.

It turns out the little metal clips were off for some reason. All I did was readjust them, then remove the scissor latch from the key cover and pop it in the socket. It lined up fine and then I put the key cover on it and now it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.