Macbook pro dies random

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
I closed my macbook pro tonight and when i came back from what i was doing, i opened it and just died randomly. So i unpluged it and took out the battery. Connected everything again and hit the power button and turned on for a second then died again. I repeated to unplug everything again and hit the power button again same thing. No matter what i do when i hit the power button the light in the front comes on and makes the normal noise it does and then boom turns off again. Please can someone help me out

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like it could be a dying power supply. You might want to have an authorized Mac repair look at it or take it to your local Apple store genius. Make sure you get an estimate of any repairs before allowing them to repair it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it was a dying power supply wouldn't it just not ever turn on ? I am going to the apple store as soon as i can to get this fixed, couldn't have happen on the worst timing.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
6 days without a macbook $310 dollars later. Apple replaced a Logic Board and my hard drive, but now it works like brand new it greats thanks everyone that helped out

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Believe me, $310 is a bargain for a new Logic board and hard drive. The main power supply logic is on the Logic board so it makes sense that they changed out the entire board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.