Formatting MBP and backups

Reaction score
I've got a problem, I need to format my Macbook Pro, it definitely needs it but all my software, particularly Adobe Creative Suite will be gone and I got that from my last job so don't have the disks to reinstall.

Any ideas?

Basically I need Adobe CS but also need to format and clean out my machine as it's been acting up since installing Lion.

Ran "Verify Disk" and got:
Error: This disk needs to be repaired. Start up your computer with another disk (such as your Mac OS X installation disc), and then use Disk Utility to repair this disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
I would try doing what the error message says first before you reformat the drive. It may be something fixable but just not while you're booted into the Mac OS. Do you still have your original install disks? If so, boot to the installation disk by holding down the C key at startup with the disk in the Macbook Pro. It will ask you to select a language and you go to the install screen but obviously don't install. At the top bar select Utilities > Disk Utility and run disk repair then. Hopefully it resolves the issue without you having to reformat.

OP
P
Reaction score
Still getting the same, the disk repair failed. Might take it to the apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.