All 3 USB drives are freezing

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro that I purchased on August of '10, so it's already out of warranty.

I use my MacBook for business purposes all day. At least 3-4 times a week at random times during the day all three USB drives become unresponsive one behind the other. Nothing connected gets recognized (Ipod touch, mouse, wireless headphones connected via USB, etc.). Sometimes my trackpad and keyboard also freeze! This is very frustrating. I upgraded to OS X Lion recently and that didn't fix the problem.

Can anyone offer any solution before I decide to take it to Apple and pay ransom money to get it fixed?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Got any anti virus running - I am not saying its a virus, but AV might be scanning the drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are the usb drives powered, they might be running out of juice as all three access the usb bus at the same time. You might wat to consider a powered mini hub as a central connection to make sure the USB always has enough power

OP
M
Reaction score
how do i make sure they are all powered?. I do have a USB central connector and even then i was still getting the same problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.