Copying EXE file from "Downloads" to USB stick

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have never used a Mac before, so please be gentle LOL

A work colleague of mine has one, and has by mistake purchased and downloaded the Windows version of Microsoft Office to his Mac. He has said that I can have this copy as he has no use for it. So he handed me his mac to copy it to disk for me. However, a DVD burn failed for some reason (something to do with it losing connection to the file).

Ok, so I thought I'd copy it to my usb stick. I tried dragging and dropping it, but the cursor shows a "No Entry" symbol, and if I try CMD+C, CMD+V method, nothing happens. Is there any reason for this?

Many thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Natively Macs can read and write to the FAT32 file system but can only read from the NTFS file system.

I'd say it's most likely your USB drive is formatted with NTFS. If you have nothing else on it just reformat it on the Mac (Disk Utility) or on Windows as FAT32 and try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.