keep receiving bogus email messages

Reaction score
hi. i have deleted an old friend's email address, because i keep getting weird messages from her; like her account has been hijacked. i still keep getting messages, which i don't open- i just delete. how can i get rid of her as an email contact? thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wouldn't it be better to contact your friend and tell her that her email account has been compromised so that she can delete it and create another?

OP
J
Reaction score
receiving bogus email messages

hi. these messages are from someone, whom i've not been in touch with in years. i think her email has been corrupted. that's why i don't want to write to her. i just want to have her contact info permanently deleted. i already deleted her from my address book, but i still got another email from her email address. any help is much appreciated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is nothing you can do on your computer to prevent someone from sending you email. You can take steps on what happens to it when it shows up though.

As an example - here's one tutorial for gmail on blocking a sender.

Another option if you're using the Mail app is to create a rule. Open up Mail - Preferences - the Rules tab - Create a Rule and do something like this:

20111118-p724kh14s4cu5ihfrp3afby13y.jpg

If you have the message highlighted when you head into preferences - it will auto put the email address of the sender in that box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.