Thinking of Tiger..

C

CubeStyle

So, I have a G4 Cube and am thinking of updating to Tiger.

I am currently at 10.2.8 which is the max for Jag, right?

My question is this, when I updated to Jag...OS9 was left on there but I never use it. If I update to Tiger am I correct in thinking that I will now have three operable OS's and killing alot of memory?

Also, is there a way to format my HD so that when I do upgrade, I don't have to keep going back to Jag to access them? Basically still having everything in iTunes, iPhoto, etc. in the same place?

Thanks in advance for the help and I apologize if it's an extremely dumb question...... :dummy:

OP
M

Makendri

When you upgrade, all you're doing is replacing Jag with Tiger. All your music, photos, manifestos, etc., will be in their respective places as before. Don't make the mistake that I did and think that OS 9 is on Tiger, because it's not. An upgrade will keep your OS 9, a 'erase and install' will remove your 9, never to be seen again.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The first thing that you need to do, is back up all of your data that is valuable to you. Once that is done then you have two choices in installing tiger. Either do an update install or and fresh install (clean disk first).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.