macbook 10.4 installation disks?

Reaction score
Hi, for some reason my macbook isn't accepting my password. I took it to an apple store, the worker tried resetting my password but it still didn't work. He told me i need the installation disks to reset my password....

Unfortunately, I don't have the original installation disks so I have to purchase them else where.

I called 1-800-My-Apple and well they do not carry those installation disks because they're old!

I need help trying to find those disks. Does anyone know where I can purchase them?

Thankssss,

Mari (a frustrated macbook owner)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As discs are machine specific, you will need to give us exact details of the particular Macbook that you have, or find a retail Tiger disc for sale. Sadly they are not cheap.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have a macbook 10.4

Do you need any additional info?

The 10.4 is your OS version. Tiger is OS X 10.4
What is needed is what CPU (processor) do you have, such as G5, G4, Intel Core Duo etc
Also helpful would be the model number and year of your MacBook

OP
M
Reaction score
I have no idea what that info is. I cannot login to my macbook because it isn't accepting my password so I can't see what exactly it is i have... The "genius bar" workers tried resetting my password twice and still nothing.

Is there any other way I can get this info?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have no idea what that info is. I cannot login to my macbook because it isn't accepting my password so I can't see what exactly it is i have... The "genius bar" workers tried resetting my password twice and still nothing.

Is there any other way I can get this info?

Did you buy your MacBook new?
If so, do you have the receipt or perhaps the original box. If nothing else the month and year would help.

Bottomline: You should be able to as a minimum run OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard which is available from Apple for $29
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA

OP
M
Reaction score
I did not purchase it new. I bought it from a friend -_-

Year: 2006

CPU: intel core 2 duo

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did not purchase it new. I bought it from a friend -_-

Year: 2006

CPU: intel core 2 duo

Depending on the amount of RAM you have you could run Lion (OS10.7). Though, what I would do in your case is to buy the Snow Leopard set (see link in my previous post) for $29.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.