Apple magic mouse battery level in menu bar?

Reaction score
Is there an app that will display apple magic mouse battery level in the menu bar?

2011 Macbook Pro 13

10.7.2 Lion

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you have the Bluetooth icon showing in the menu bar? If so that displays the battery level of any Apple BT device. Just click on the icon and on the device name.

If the Bluetooth icon is not showing in the Menu Bar, open System Preferences and click on Bluetooth and at the bottom click that option.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Kevin, I have that one also. Most of the time I just use the BlueTooth icon one. Tells me where my batteries are.

I just installed the latest MightyMonitor on lion. It's much improved over the one I used way back. Very nice.

Reaction score
Hi Kevriano
I have downloaded the Mighty Mouse app but cannot find where it is and how to use it.

Can you help?

Many thanks

PeterS

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you downloaded the Dashboard widget that Kevriano linekd to above, you have to launch Dashboard to view it. Push F4 on the keyboard to open Dashboard.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying to my query about the Magic Mouse app.

When I open the dashboard the Magic Mouse is nowhere to be seen.

The app downloaded OK.

Help please

PeterS

Reaction score
Great solution for monitoring Magic Mouse battery

Thanks to themitch, that's exactly what I was looking for. This battery-level business has been a rock in my shoe for a couple of years. The Mac OS low-battery popup is too ephemeral; the blinking indicator in the BT icon is too small and easy to ignore; seeing the levels in the BT menu requires thinking about it and making mouse gestures; widgets like iStat Pro and Mighty Monitor require thinking about it and bringing up the Dashboard. BtBatStat does just what I want -- putting something small but noticeable on the screen all the time, so I can tell the battery status at a glance. A donation and suggestions will shortly be on the way to the author of BtBatStat!

Now the remaining problem is that the percent numbers produced by all these little monitor apps are all different! I'm going to have to calibrate BtBatStat wrt the Mac OS measure. But maybe that's a topic for a different thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It should have downloaded to the Downloads folder. Double click on it and you may well receive a message about being locked. Go into System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and click on the padlock at the bottom of the pane. It will ask for your admin password, and when supplied, change Anywhere. Double click and it will open and run.

Go back in and click the padlock and choose Mac App Store and identified developers. That is Gateway which helps keep malware out of your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.