Ipod Nano - volume issue

Reaction score
Hi
I've ressurected an Ipod Nano from the washing machine! Basically left it in the drawer for about 6 months after a couple of weeks in the boiler room. Anyhow it charges, my MAC mini recognised it as soon as I plugged it in - contents were as I left it, I can manually transfer files to and from it and the screen works! What doesn't work is the volume. Its just about mute. The volume control seems to work but it doesnt have an impact on the sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Reaction score
Hi
I've ressurected an Ipod Nano from the washing machine! Basically left it in the drawer for about 6 months after a couple of weeks in the boiler room. Anyhow it charges, my MAC mini recognised it as soon as I plugged it in - contents were as I left it, I can manually transfer files to and from it and the screen works! What doesn't work is the volume. Its just about mute. The volume control seems to work but it doesnt have an impact on the sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

i am pretty sure its dead now. maybe if you have an ihome it might work through that if your OK using it like that.
apple products are like kids if you drop them the turn out messed up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.