Transfering of music...

Reaction score
Hello Again,
Can anyone tell me how can I transfer the music from my itouch to my new MacBook Pro.
Thanks Again In Advance..
Spike

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can use this handy application: LINK Not free though... $19.95

C

chas_m

And the reason you can't just transfer it from your previous copy of iTunes is ...

OP
S
Reaction score
Who is that question aimed at...
If it me it because my windows laptop **** itself & died, bought a MacBook PRO, thought it would just see my itouch & i could transfer my music straight across but I cant, My itouch has loads of music on it my Mac has none...
HTH
Cheers
Spike

C

chas_m

The question was directed at you, because the answer you give affects what the correct answer is back.

iPods generally (including the iPod Touch) don't sync music back to a computer (with the exception of music purchased on the iPod Touch). The sync is generally one-way, from iTunes TO the mobile device. This is an anti-piracy thing.

Since you've never synced your iPod Touch to the MBP, of course it doesn't recognize that music as being yours (since its tied to your previous machine). There are some third-party programs that can move the music "back" from your iPod to your new iTunes; I recommend Phone to Mac ($25).

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank You Chas & Chscag.
I dont mind payin to get my music transfered, will look into which 1 i think looks the best for me...
Thanks Again
Spike

OP
S
Reaction score
Thought I would say thanks to your help, I have now been able to transfer my music from my itouch & Nano on to my MBP with Irip worth every pence...
Well Happy
Cheers
Spike:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're welcome. Glad you liked iRip, it's worth the $19.95. Have fun and visit often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.