Changing Facebook account attached to iPhoto

Reaction score
Hi all,

My husband's Facebook account is attached to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro which means that I can only upload photos to his account. How do I change the Facebook account to mine?

Thanks!!

C

chas_m

Why on earth are you two sharing a user account??

First order of business: give him his own account PRONTO.

Secondly, you change the facebook info in iPhoto's preferences under "Accounts" (I would have thought this was a bit obvious). Delete the old account, add a new one.

Reaction score
Iphoto and facebook

THE "ACCOUNTS" DOESNT EVEN EXIST.. THIS IS INCORRECT. SO IF ANYONE HAS THE RIGHT ANSWER HOW TO GET FACEBOOK OFF YOUR IPHOTO IN ORDER TO PUT A NEW ACCOUNT ON THERE... THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW~~ THANKS:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Why on earth are you two sharing a user account??

First order of business: give him his own account PRONTO.

Secondly, you change the facebook info in iPhoto's preferences under "Accounts" (I would have thought this was a bit obvious). Delete the old account, add a new one.

:( As a recent user of this forum I find some of the comments by long-term forummers rather snide and unhelpful. I've seen numerous examples of this and it isn't attractive or welcoming.

C

chas_m

I agree that the first part of my post came across a little abrupt. It is VERY good advice, but I forget sometimes that not everyone is aware of the importance and NUMEROUS advantages of maintaining separate accounts on an OS X system. Sorry about that.

The second part of my post, however, IS IN FACT the correct answer on how to remove and add Facebook accounts from iPhoto, as you can see:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
chas m - thanks for acknowledgement; pax

Reaction score
Changing Facebook account info in iPhoto

Chas M, I'm sure you are very smart and know more than the rest of us, but your screen shot doesn't match what I get and perhaps what others get when they go to settings. Maybe version 10.6.8 is older than yours (or newer), but mine shows icons for General, Appearance, Sharing, Events, Web, and Advanced, and none of them (as far as I can find) offers any options connected with Facebook. If anyone can actually help with this problem, that would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
Changing FB account in iPhoto

Thank you so much chas m this worked perfectly for me and quickly I might add. At first I did not understand, but when you added the the picture, which by the way really helped for a newbie for me, I was able to go back and do what I needed in a snap. Thanks again.

Reaction score
For adding and deleting a facebook account.

Hi all,

My husband's Facebook account is attached to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro which means that I can only upload photos to his account. How do I change the Facebook account to mine?

Thanks!!

click on iphoto->preferances->accounts->add(+)->add another account :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.