Lion Lock Screen Texture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, Lion, 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB DDR3
Hi, Can anyone help me with this one?

When I upgraded my MBP to Lion my Lock Screen when waking from sleep sported a new grey texture which I quite liked. Much better than plain old black.

However, for reasons unknown my Lock Screen has now returned to black when waking from sleep. Does anyone know how to change it back to the Lion default grey textured Lock Screen?

Note: From boot the lock screen is grey textured, which is good. But until recently the lock screen from wakeup was also grey textured.

Reaction score
same problem here

Hi
I have the same issue, what were you doing the first time it happened?
I was playing Team Fortress 2 on steam

Reaction score
Grey screen on boot/restart

I’m having similar problems on my MBP 17” mid-2009 - Upgraded to Lion when it came out but for the last couple of months it has reverted to the Snow Leopard style of plain light grey log-in screen. Also, my magic mouse doesn’t work anymore until after I’ve logged in.

These problems only seemed to start after I updated FileVault which entailed decrypting FileVault then re-encrypting everything after installing the update.

The machine also seems a lot slower under Lion.

I’m seriously considering reverting to SL!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, Lion, 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB DDR3
Mine too is a mid 2009 17" Unfortunately I never got to the bottom of problem. I guess someone knows the answer, but not seen it yet.

I don't use FileVault so cannot comment. Speed wise my MBP doesn't appear to of slowed at all since upgrading to Lion. The only trouble I had was VMware was dire after Lion install, but after upgrading to v4 all was well again.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.