efficient way to get images quickly from mac to other iphone....

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best way to get a screenshot from my mac to a client's iphone.... I know there must be an easier way! at the moment I'm taking a screenshot of artwork I'm creating in photoshop, pasting the screenshot into an email, sending it to myself, opening it up on my iphone, saving the image then sending it on via MMS to clients to view... screenshot from my mac TO mms pic to client's phone is what I need to do - but is there are more efficient way to do it? less steps? it's across all mac products I keep thinking there must be a better way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello there,
There are about a dozen screenshot specific apps in the App Store some of which give you the ability to upload the images to a website which can be accessed by others.

Just curious though, why can't your client just open up and view an email from you with the attached screenshot on his/her phone? That's what they are designed to do..you can play about with the file size before you send it via Mail as well.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Thanks so much for helping...!

Pretty much the reason for this question is that the client is on the go all day with back to back meetings and does check his email on his phone, but to cut through the huge amount of emails he gets and to get an answer on a quick design change question as immediately as possible, texting him the image is hands down the best way to go. Instant, he sees it's me, and he can see the ongoing thread and images I've sent previously quickly and can manage to shoot me a quick yes/no reply immediately.

It's just quick and the best way for me to get an on the spot response. It's just not as quick as it could be from my end.

So web-based solutions are kind of not what I'm looking for - I was just hoping there was a quick way to screenshot on my mac, get it onto my phone, and text it away - there's just a lot of steps to get it from A to B...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I see,

It's MMS from Mac to iPhone you want. MMS is usually a chargeable service provided for by cellular companies which is why it's not OS integral. You'll probably need some sort of workaround of which there are several.

From what I can see most of them use some sort of script that you need to input yourself into your Mac (not easy for the uninitiated but somebody here on the forum may help); or some use the receiving party's MMS address which you actually send as an email to and I think it appears at the other end as an MMS.

There are lists of MMS address extensions available for individual carriers. You need to know your clients MMS email address basically or add the pre-fix to these suffixes.

Some info is available here:
Send multiple SMS and MMS via Mail or iPhone Mail - Mac OS X Hints

Check with your client to avoid any difficulties if he gets charged by his carrier for any MMS you send to him from your Mac because usually the sender pays under his/her contract and the Mac is not under any agreement, so it will be like a reverse-charge call in effect.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for all that information - very thorough...! It does sound a bit complicated set-up wise - was hoping that perhaps across the mac platforms there was some easy drag and drop solution/shortcut, but thank you for your advice - I will look into it - if anyone else has any advice for other easy solutions would be very happy to hear them also..!

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's no use to you right now but I'd expect an iMessage client for Mac in the not too distant future so you could send it direct.

What about texting a link to a shared Dropbox folder.

Save the image to the dropbox folder on your Mac. Send a text with the link?

Reaction score
Another way with less steps is after you make the screen shot drag it from the desktop or where ever you save your screenshot down to the dock and drop on iPhoto, doesn't have to be open and running. It will go to Photo Stream on your iPhone in a few seconds and you can copy and paste it from there. You don't need to open iPhoto, your screen shot will go to Photo Stream by default and be on your iPhone.

Reaction score
I have a possible solution for you...

All cell carriers have email addresses associated with every cell phone. I'd bet you could "email" him a text message at for example..

Here is the full list...

Alltel
[10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
Example: [email protected]

AT&T (formerly Cingular)
[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net
[10-digit phone number]@mms.att.net (MMS)
[10-digit phone number]@cingularme.com

Boost Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com

Nextel (now Sprint Nextel)
[10-digit telephone number]@messaging.nextel.com

Sprint PCS (now Sprint Nextel)
[10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
[10-digit phone number]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)

T-Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net

US Cellular
[10-digit phone number]email.uscc.net (SMS)
[10-digit phone number]@mms.uscc.net (MMS)

Verizon
[10-digit phone number]@vtext.com
[10-digit phone number]@vzwpix.com (MMS)

Virgin Mobile USA
[10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions everyone -

Pomeroy - I've just been trying your suggestion - I think it may be my best option...! please forgive my ignorance, but once I drag an image onto iphoto, it goes in there - I can also see all my photos from my phone, but I can't see the screenshot in my phone anywhere...? Do I need to do something else?

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions everyone -

Pomeroy - I've just been trying your suggestion - I think it may be my best option...! please forgive my ignorance, but once I drag an image onto iphoto, it goes in there - I can also see all my photos from my phone, but I can't see the screenshot in my phone anywhere...? Do I need to do something else?

I may have got ahead of myself in thinking you had Lion on your Mac and the latest update on your iPhone. You will need to have Photo Stream on both for this to work, if you have Lion on your Mac and IOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone make sure Photo Stream is on in iCloud on both.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for your explanation...! Been meaning to do those updates, just haven't gotten around to it - thanks Pomeroy...

Reaction score
Another way with less steps is after you make the screen shot drag it from the desktop or where ever you save your screenshot down to the dock and drop on iPhoto, doesn't have to be open and running. It will go to Photo Stream on your iPhone in a few seconds and you can copy and paste it from there. You don't need to open iPhoto, your screen shot will go to Photo Stream by default and be on your iPhone.

Whoa, thanks for this tip. I didn't know you could easily get photos off your mac to your iphone through that.

C

chas_m

I love Photo Stream. I take a photo on my camera and when I get home it's already in iPhoto for editing in whatever editing program I choose.

I take a photo with my camera, edit it right there in the third-party program I used to take the pic, and save to Camera Roll. Open the iPad, and it's there for me to show friends.

For me, I've set up Photo Stream so that additions to iPhoto have to be manually added to Photo Stream before they show up on my iPhone or iPad. I think this works best for me, as I may not want everything I have in iPhoto available on the other (smaller capacity) devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.