iPhoto help - two questions

Reaction score
I am making a photo book in iPhoto. The album I generated it from has about 450 photos, all arranged neatly so I could potentially just add them to my pages in order. However, when I created the book, the photos are all kinds of mixed up in the sidebar that I'm supposed to pull them from. THis would be okay if I was just working with a few pictures, but with so many, it's nearly impossible. Is there a way to add them to a book and keep them in the order they're in in the original album??

Also, I have chosen a book style that has a "flap" attached to the front and back covers. What's the deal with the flap? What is it and where does it go???
Many thanks, --Amy

C

chas_m

Have you really never seen a book with a dust jacket? Tsk tsk, kids today ... :)

As to your first question, I think (can't check just at the moment) there's an option in iPhoto's prefs to turn off the automatic importation of pictures into book templates (which, as of iPhoto '11, is the default). Once you've turned that off, your photos in the sidebar should be in the same order as they were in the album and you just drag them in in order.

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks

Hi - thanks for the reply. About that dust jacket :D I've always done books in Shutterfly, but can't even log in this year as their site is tweaking out. Much easier to do it within iPhoto, anyway. Shutterfly does not supply books with flappage - didn't know dust jackets were an option! Fabulous.

I ended up solving the problem by going into the album and selecting all, then somehow I changed the time all of the photos were taken - to one minute apart - and they filtered into the book file in order. Took some finagling, though.

Take care,
--Amy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.