Mini won't wake up video after sleep?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought my sister a Mac Mini during the summer for her upcoming school year (she started middle school), and I figured it'd be a great computer for her. She already had an LCD from her PC, so we just used that (works perfectly, with my powerbook as well as the pc).

Now the problem is, that occasionally when the computer goes to sleep, it doesn't want to wake up the screen. The screen just doesn't turn on unless you reset the ram (pulling of the cord, then pressing the on buttom at the same time as you put the cord back in). The mini itself wake up perfectly, as the little light stops dimming and just glows continuously and I can hear it run.

What do you guys think could make this happen? I'm thinking something along the lines of software, because I can't duplicate the problem all the time, only occasionally we just happen to find that's it not waking up.

Thanks in advance,

Oleg

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

what are your settings under power saving fro the mini? to me this sounds like a monitory power saving feature. does this only happen when you dont use the computer for a long time? also i suggest leaving your mini on all the time and telling it to put the display asleep after a given amount of time. by leaving your mini on all the time it will be able to run its maintenance scripts i have left my mini on since i got it in February and its been perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
i agree, I leave my mini on all day long, everyday. I sometimes have to tap the space bar on the keyboard about 4 times to get the monitor to come on with mine, try that, if that doesn't help, you might want to look up the brand of your monitor, and see if it has some type of power save feature, that you need to disable or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Do you off/on the monitor when it dosen't wake up? I've used a mini with a lot of different CRT's, no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.