Upgrading my memory and harddrive

Reaction score
So I have a Macbook late 07, I am very happy with this computer. However I am missing space.
So i read this thread http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/242871-these-upgrades-compatible-my-macbook.html
And thougth I will do that to.
I bougth this
B.J.Trading EDB A/S - KVR667D2S5K2/4G - 2x2048 MB SO-DDR2 SDRAM

and this

500GB, 7200RPM HDD - 2,5" SATA » Laptops.dk - mrkevarer til lavpris! »

I can easilly intall the hardware. However when i turn on the mac afterwards nothing happens, black screen, alså when I put in the Mac OS install disc #1.

What am I missing / doing wrong ?
Best regards
Camilla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
with the OSX disc in start the Mac holding C

This will boot from the DVD and let you install a fresh version of OSX onto the new disk.

Alternatively, re-install the old hard disk. Buy or borrow a a 2.5" sata USB enclosure and put the new disk in this. Use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the old disk onto the new disk then re-install the new disk into your Mac.

Now you'll have your Mac back exactly as it was but with the benefit of all the extra disk space!

OP
G
Reaction score
I did not work. However I tried to remove the new memory and then installing the new harddrive and that seems to ne working ( its working on it now). Then i hope I Can replace the memory afterwards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.