13" MB 2.4 RAM update...8GB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook 2.4G/iPhone4/2xATV2/TC
In order for me to run Fusion efficiently, I need to upgrade my Memory. I run the 2GB now and was going to upgrade to 4. However, I have found a few articles online that have disclosed the ability to upgrade to 8.

My particular model fits the few spec criteria stated and I wanted to know if upgrading to 8GB was not only possible, but is it efficient for the cost?

Here is the link:

"Secret" Firmware lets Late '08 MacBooks use 8GB. | Other World Computing Blog

Piggyback question: I get what dual channel memory controllers are, but are they specific to 64-bit architecture or is it applied to 32 as well? More specifically, is my Macbook set up for dual channel memory access?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hard to answer your question with 100% certainty...since there were 3 different model MacBooks with a 2.4ghz cpu (not sure which one you have).

The earliest model can be upgraded to 6 gig of ram...the other two models up to 8 gig of ram. If you have the "late 08" MacBook (as your link above suggests)...then yes...it can be upgraded to 8 gig of ram.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.