Password issues, MobileMe issues, General issues

Reaction score
First off, to set the stage: I'm working on a 24" iMac with 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4gb 800Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, running 10.6.8. Aside from that, I'm also using a MacBook Pro and a BlackBook.

First of all, MobileMe issues have come up over the past few weeks, on all machines, asking me if I want to merge all info. It does so with every sync, whereas syncing used to be silent before that.

Lately, the system has been very slow. It's happened to me twice in the past week that, while working in Lightroom 3, the system tells me that there's not enough space for application memory. While there's at least 70gb left on the disk.

Yesterday, for some reason, my Keychain broke. I ran the Keychain first aid, and fixed it. This seems to have helped for most applications, but Mail won't remember my passwords and iCal tells me that the password or user names for both MobileMe and GMail calenders are not recognised by the server. Also, MobileMe on the iMac now says 'you are syncing this computer for the first time' with some syncs.

Any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
I might add that I've got a 1tb HDD, of which only 99gb is free. Could that cause these issues?

I tried importing photos into iPhoto, that I had exported from Lightroom. I've done it time and again before, but for some reason, now iPhoto complains that the files are in an unreadable format. Preview, on the other hand, has no problems opening them. I've tried opening in Preview, saving from there in a different location, then re-tried importing in iPhoto. No help. Could this be due to the same issue, lack of disk space? Is less then 10% not enough?

Also, iPhoto displays thumbnails correctly, but when I double click on a photo, the photo viewing area just goes black.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.