App Development

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of detailing and acquiring developers for an iPhone app that I want to develop. I have worked in online business for more than 7 years now, but I've never done anything on the app development side of things, I have always been more marketing and operations.

In broad strokes, my app idea takes elements of dating apps like OkCupid and Badoo, and mixes them with some location services ideas.

1. What types of considerations might I need to take into account when coming up with the business plan, as well as the development of the app?
2. I was thinking of offering the app for free, and making money off advertising, but I am also not sure if that is the best approach. Any suggestions there?
3. What would you expect a ballpark estimate cost for such a project, including a backend software tracking/reporting system, as well as the front end website development, also assuming that I go with a decent North American app dev team?

Any other tips or pointers from someone that has developed an app, especially one using social networking and location services, are certainly welcome.

Thanks,

Cjmcd9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.