Bootcamp: Mac wont work anymore

Reaction score
So i used bootcamp on my mac and have windows 7 installed right now. I turned off my computer and booted into my mac partion, and it worked just fine. Now, a few days lator, when i try to boot into my mac side it just goes to the rotation circle thing and dosent go any farther, i sat there for 20 min wayting for the OS to run but in never did. Windows works just fine and i went into my mac side like 6 times before this hapend and now all of a sudin mac just wont work anymore. I dont know if this is because of bootcamp but i thought it might be good information to include. does anyone know how to fix this or whats going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Try zapping the PRAM and if no joy reset the SMC. Did you print the Bootcamp Assistant Guide and follow that, and download drivers and burn to a CD prior to Windows 7 install? Was Bootcamp Control Panel installed? If not that is usually a sign drivers not loaded. It allows you to select your OS X drive to restart.

OP
D
Reaction score
for some reason it wouldn't let me download the drivers so i just used the ones off my mac boot disk like it told me to. i did all the steps step by step so i don't thank i messed up anything because i used to be able to get on my mac partition after bootcamp for a few days , but now 3 days later and 4th time after rebooting from Mac OSX it just wont load.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok i got it working, all i had to do was boot up in safe mode. i gess there was some files that were messed up and booting in safe mode fixed them or something haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.