Smilies, Footnotes, Bibliographies

P

PEA

I am a first-time Mac user after nearly 30 years with the other platform. I love my computer and all the good things people said about Apple are true. I started out small, with an iBook G4. Here's what I miss: Smilies. Is there any program that will allow you to put them in your MACMail.

I am also suffering a bit from the lack of software. I have been able to replace almost eveything, but I need a word processing program that will facilitate my generating a huge manuscript using Chicago Manual of Style parameters. There are bunches for Microsoft XP, but none for Mac.

I am using WORD for Mac, but it doesn't have the sophistication to insert footnotes following a particular styleguide such as APA or MLA or Chicago. I've seen programs for XP that will format references and keep track of them, generating end notes AND BIBLIOGRAPHY, so you have to enter only once.
Any tips? :)

OP
L

lil

I'll have a look for you, I'm sure there is something, I wrote my dissertation on the Mac with Word.

Well, Word 5.1. And yes that was this year, not 1992 :flower:

I'm sure there should be some kind of stylesheet, of course I cannot pretend to exactly know what you are on about with the footnotes, end notes and the bibliography generation but I know that Word 2004 has some bibliography stuff. I'll try to research this today and get back with an answer!

Vicky

OP
P

PEA

lil said:
I'll have a look for you, I'm sure there is something, I wrote my dissertation on the Mac with Word.

Well, Word 5.1. And yes that was this year, not 1992 :flower:

I'm sure there should be some kind of stylesheet, of course I cannot pretend to exactly know what you are on about with the footnotes, end notes and the bibliography generation but I know that Word 2004 has some bibliography stuff. I'll try to research this today and get back with an answer!

Vicky
Thanks Vicky: What I'm looking for is something that will format the manuscript. A program that will allow me to insert information when I put in a footnote, retain the data and generate a bibliography upon request.
I am trying to use Bookends for the Bibliography, but I haven't figured out a way to make it dove into Word. I appreciate your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.