Download videos from youtube

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Hello folks,

Is there any way to download videos from YouTube to ipad2 ? Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
No

There is a converter to change the videos to files portable devices can read, like my PSP, but first I don't think you can put typical files on an iPad, second it's a pain because youtube is against you keeping their videos so constant upadting of the converter is needed.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
No

There is a converter to change the videos to files portable devices can read, like my PSP, but first I don't think you can put typical files on an iPad, second it's a pain because youtube is against you keeping their videos so constant upadting of the converter is needed.

Thanks TabletRevlution,

Ok converting and updating videos does seem cumbersome. My issues; was going out on a family vacation to a remote venue. Just wanted to upload cartoon episodes for my son. Anyone knows how to get Tom & Jerry etc. on iPad ?

C

chas_m

You can easily get YouTube videos on your iPad; you just can't do it directly from the iPad.

You use a downloading tool such as MacTubes on your Mac to download the videos in MP4 format, then add them to iTunes, then sync the iPad.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can easily get YouTube videos on your iPad; you just can't do it directly from the iPad.

You use a downloading tool such as MacTubes on your Mac to download the videos in MP4 format, then add them to iTunes, then sync the iPad.

Thanks chas_m, ok will try to do that. I have never sync iPad to the Mac, the iTunes (for ipod) in my Mac has songs to the power of infinity. Now If i were to do download YouTube videos through my Mac will all the contents of my Mac iTunes come into the iPad ? Just want to get the downloaded videos...

C

chas_m

You don't say if you're on iOS 5 or not, but I'm going to assume you're syncing wirelessly. Every iPad until very recently was tied to a copy of iTunes. If yours isn't, now's the time to do that.

Once that's done, you'll see that you can control exactly what does and does not get synced to the iPad.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi chase_m, thanks for the inputs. Ok I have managed to download YouTube videos using Mactubes. Have copied videos in iTunes (MacBook) in the movies category. May sound dumb as I've never done it before, how do I sync the same to iPad ? Can transfer be done using Bluetooth ? Again I was trying to pair iPad with MacBook, the iPad Bluetooth icon is grey and unable to discover the Mac ? I know lots of questions but will appreciate SOS ! Thanks

C

chas_m

iPad does not sync with anything (except headphones and keyboards) over Bluetooth. Plug the iPad into your Mac using the USB sync cable. iTunes will open. Select your iPad from the Devices list in iTunes. Explore.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the information. I have finally managed to get videos in my iPad. Now is there any way I can organize them??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.