-2 network printers
-1 mac mini server (lion)

what i need:
-i need to share the internet
-i need to have a file server on the mac mini
-i need a print server
-i need the internet to be available on wired and wireless
-i need to setup remote desktop connection

please help me. im very new to mac, actually, i have never used a mac before....

what do i need to complete this?
can you point me to some manual or online resource?

thank you very much in advance,

JV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server
All of this can be configured through your mac mini's server preferences. It's pretty straight forward.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at the OS X Lion Server admin guide here (I'm assuming you're using OS X Lion). You can find more docs here as well.

To provide more help, we need more details on your end. Is the server managing users? What kind of networking setup do you want? RDC into what machine? How did you want to share the internet connection? How are you networking the printers (are they network printers or printers you plan to share on the network)?

OP
J

jvn

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies...

@vansmith - heres some details of the network i want to setup:

-The main purpose of the server is a file server. i am generating a lot of files and i want a central repository. i want the server to be accessible by all 8 units in the network, but only the folders i specify.

-I want to be able to remotely access the server from outside the office. also, i want to remotely access each unit within the network from outside the office.

-i have 2 printers. one is a network printer, i plan to share both printers over the network.

-i want to know what other services i can get that might prove useful to me? what does lion server have that i can use for the office and how can i set them up? actually im pretty open to this because i want to maximize the use of the server.

i will post a layout of the network i am planning, let me know if its possible... thanks!

OP
J

jvn

Reaction score
here is the setup.... well at least how i see it in my head...
remember i dont have any MAC networking experience AT ALL. sorry for that...

Attachments

• network.jpg
    network.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 19

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.