Love it, but . . .

P

PEA

I am a first-time Mac user after nearly 30 years with the other platform. I love my computer and all the good things people said about Apple are true. I started out small, with an iBook G4. Here's what I miss: Smilies. Is there any program that will allow you to put them in your MACMail.
I am also suffering a bit from the lack of software. I have been able to replace almost eveything, but I need a word processing program that will facilitate my generating a huge manuscript using Chicago Manual of Style parameters. There are bunches for Microsoft XP, but none for Mac. Any tips? :)

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
PEA said:
I am a first-time Mac user after nearly 30 years with the other platform. I love my computer and all the good things people said about Apple are true. I started out small, with an iBook G4. Here's what I miss: Smilies. Is there any program that will allow you to put them in your MACMail.
I am also suffering a bit from the lack of software. I have been able to replace almost eveything, but I need a word processing program that will facilitate my generating a huge manuscript using Chicago Manual of Style parameters. There are bunches for Microsoft XP, but none for Mac. Any tips? :)

1) Personally I hate graphical smilies. :batman:

2) http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/cat/wordprocessing there are pages and pages of apps there, one of them should do what you want. btw did you know that the Chicago Manual of Style main website is hosted on a Mac? (I had to look it up, I had no idea such a thing even existed)

Amen-Moses

OP
P

PEA

Amen-Moses said:
1) Personally I hate graphical smilies. :batman:

2) http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/cat/wordprocessing there are pages and pages of apps there, one of them should do what you want. btw did you know that the Chicago Manual of Style main website is hosted on a Mac? (I had to look it up, I had no idea such a thing even existed)

Amen-Moses

I hope that I'm putting my response in the right place. Thank you. No, I had NO ideas that the CMS website is hosted on a MAC. I'm going to write the webmaster. Hmmm.

OP
P

PEA

lil said:

I had actually downloaded Scholar Word. It appears to be a style guide that attaches to Word but it doesn't actually do any formatting.
I'll keep plugging along.
Guess it's no on the smilies since no one responded.
I'll have to get over those.

Well since I CAN put one here :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.