Wireless Networking Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I have a wireless modem router (which also incorporates RJ45 connectors). I have the Powerbook and Windows PC connecting wirelessly to this.

How do I set both computers (Mac0SX 10.4.2 and Win XP SP2 updated) to talk to each other via this modem router so that they can share a printer/files etc?

Also, the rest of the computers/Macs are connected to this router via wires until I can afford to put wireless cards/airport into them. I would ideally like to set them all up to talk to each other, but will would start off with the Powerbook and the XP machine which both work wirelessly.

Additionally, I would really like to know if I can I set the other computers up that are connected to the modem router so that the kids can play multiplayer games with each other WITHOUT going online, as the kids are missing playing together.

Any help much appreciated in this matter thanks. :)

OP
Kyomii
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
P

phantasma

Go to your system preferences and then to sharing. Browse for the services you want enabled and add the windows users to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.