New update messed up Ipod touch?

Reaction score
I had some new albums I bogut from Itunes and wanted to put them on my Ipod Touch. Went to do that, ITunes said there was an update. I downloaded the update and then I couldn't see anything in my Ipod nor listen to anything. The screen of my Ipod shows a USB cable pointing to Itunes and when I plug it into ITunes again I get the message "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." And the ONLY option it gives me is to restore my IPod to factory settings. I looked online for answers but all I see are people having problems with this because they bricked their phone, which I haven't ever done or even know how to do. Would appreciate some help, planned on spending my day off listening to my new albums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
My 4th generation touch did the same thing. iTunes it said it detected and iPod in recovery mode and forced me to restore. I went through the process and let it restore and it has been perfect and is fully updated at this point. Not sure why, or how this happened but it is all good at this point. I have never seen anything like this before. Maybe that there is some issue with the software update and the iPod Touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.