Mouse problem

Reaction score
Hello!

I´ve been looking for a solution to my problem for a long time, so my last option is this.

My problem is that I can´t figure out how to get rid of the information that shows when I move the cursor over a link, or anything else.

I don´t know what I´ve done, but that information just shows immediately when i move the cursor over whatever. There´s no delay! It´s very frustrating because the information-thing gets in the way all the time. I have a magic mouse BTW.

Please help me!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you referring to the tooltip (the little yellow box that contains text). Which browser are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, thats it! I didn´t know what to call it, so I just had to make something up.
I´m using Safari.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Which version of Safari are you using? One tip for older versions (< 5.1) is to do the following:

1. Open up Terminal (/Applications/Utilities).
2. Paste the following into the window:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitShowsURLsInToolTips 0
3. Press enter. Restart Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.